Pikeville Medical Center Job Benefits
Learn About the Benefits PMC Employees Enjoy
and Compare Our Plan to Yours
and Compare Our Plan to Yours
If you’re looking for a great reason why Pikeville Medical Center is the right choice for you and your family, take a look at our top-ranked employee benefits package and compare it to others! In addition to competitive compensation, our employee benefits package includes:
- Generous match of 50 cents on the dollar for 403(b) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability
- Extensive annual time-off package including 12 sick days, two personal days, two week’s vacation and seven holidays
Learn more about each of the features of Pikeville Medical Center’s employee benefits package by clicking the toggles below.
We have adopted an IRS-sponsored Section 125 Plan that allows premiums for medical insurance to be deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
- PMC and PMC physician offices: 100% with no deductible ($10.00 copay for an office visit)
- Anthem Network: 70/30% after deductible ($10.00 copay for an office visit)/li>
- Out of Network: 50% after deductible
- Calendar year deductible in-network: $1000 Single/$3000 Family
- Calendar year deductible out of network: $2000 Single/$6000 Family
- Employee single premiums (per month): 5% of base annual salary with a monthly minimum of $148.08 and a monthly maximum of $245.82
- Employee family premiums (per month): 7.5% of base annual salary with a monthly minimum of $222.26 and a monthly maximum of $491.66
Your Delta Dental Plan allows you access to two dental network options that are both considered In-Network: the PPO Network and the Premier Network. PPO and Premier Network providers agree to contracted amounts for their services, which prevents the provider from balance billing you for any amount that is discounted by Delta Dental.
- Preventative procedures: 100%
- Basic procedures: 80/20%after deductible
- Major procedures: 50% after deductible
- Orthodontics: 50% after deductible
- Calendar year deductible: $50 Single/$150 Family
- Maximum benefit payment (per individual): Preventative, Basic, and Major (in combination) – $1,000 per calendar year; Orthodontics – $2,000 per lifetime
- Employee premiums (per month): $0 Single/$15.80 Family
Life insurance is a critical component of financial planning and is used to support your loved ones in the event of your death. Basic life insurance is employer-paid. This policy also includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D). AD&D insurance provides benefits to you or your beneficiary if you suffer the loss of life or limb due to an accident. AD&D is considered “double indemnity” which means that if your death is due to an accident, your beneficiary would receive double the life insurance benefit. Your basic life insurance policy is equal to one time your annual salary up to a maximum of $300,000.
- Basic Life: One time annual earnings
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: One time annual earnings
- Supplemental Life: One, two or three times annual (voluntary coverage). Each coverage option is limited to a maximum of $300,000.
Disability benefits are designed to provide income replacement in case you are unable to work due to an illness and/or injury. Long-term disability benefits are offered at no cost to you. You also have the option to purchase additional LTD coverage. Details on disability benefits are provided here.
|Employer Paid||Buy-Up Option|
|Benefits begin after Duration||90 days||90 days|
|Amount of income protection||SSNRA 50%||SSNRA 60%|
|Maximum Amount||$8,000 monthly||$12,000 monthly|
- 90 days of salary will be payable to the estate if death occurs while employed.
- Medical/Dental insurance will remain active for 90 days for all covered dependents.
We offer a variety of voluntary benefits packages from which employees may choose:
- Short Term Disability
- Cancer Protection
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Specified Health Event
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Air and Ground Ambulance Insurance
By participating in PMC’s 403(b) Plan, you can save money for retirement tax-free and for every dollar you contribute up to $0.50 per dollar you contribute up to 10% of your pay. Employees are eligible for employer match on January 1st or July 1st after completing one (1) year of service. For a complete vesting schedule, please see below.
- 2 Years | 20 %
- 3 Years | 40%
- 4 Years | 60%
- 5 Years | 80%
- 6 Years | 100%
PMC observes seven (7) paid national holidays which include:
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Eligible employees receive Vacation, Personal Days, and Sick Leave. Employees accrue 12 sick days per year in addition to two (2) personal days each fiscal year that are eligible to be used between October and September each year.
Vacation time is determined by years of full-time service. Please refer to the schedule below for details.
|Years of Service||Weeks of Vacation|
|0-5||Two (2) Weeks|
|5-15||Three (3) Weeks|
|15+||Four (4) Weeks|
PMC offers payroll deduction for:
- The Corner Market (PMC Gift Shop)
- The PMC Restaurant on the 11th floor of the May Tower
- Prescriptions and sundries at the PMC Pharmacy
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery
- LASIK Eye Surgery